Monday, March 18, 2019

SAINT PATRICK'S DAY AT SEA


It is Saint Paddy's day and I expected to see some green attire today.  What I was NOT expecting is the degree to which the old farts on this cruise are prepared to show their colors, up to and including a couple of old ladies with green hair at the breakfast bar.  I did not have my camera - but the day is not over yet. 

By my dead-reckoning we are roughly 432 miles south of Hawaii and on track to cross the international date line tomorrow.  We lose a whole day but I trust we will get it back at some point.
2 = Honolulu, 3 = Hilo and 4 = Fanning Island.  Total distance 3 to 4 = 1020 miles.
The "Pub Crawl" that everyone else wanted to go to (so I went along) was interesting.  I have not counted up how many bars or pubs there on this ship.  The "Crawl" went to four of them.  Arlyene and I made it through the first three.  About 60 people signed up.  It started at 9:30 and I am sure a good share of our passengers where already in bed.  There was a different drink in each location and they were very watered down so there was little to no danger of overdoing it unless you cheated and drank someone else' drinks.  Arlyene and Kimberly participated in the first game at the first location - a version of "Simon Says".  They did not last too long.  After that we mostly watched other people have fun and act ridiculous.  It was fun but kept my up WAY past my bedtime.  I hear there is another one coming up in a few days.  I probably won't be there.  But if you are a night person you have to find something to keep you busy on these long sea days.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Posted Video

F or those of you who get our postings via email I have discovered, or I should say rediscovered, that video links do not post with the e-ma...