Saturday, September 5, 2015

Muscle Shoals and Coon Dog Cemetery


Today we drove to Muscle Shoals, AL to visit the Alabama Music Hall of Fame.  I was expecting exhibits of all the famous rockers who recorded here in the 1960's and 70's.  They were barely mentioned.  It was mostly (duh) about musicians from ALABAMA - thus the name I guess.  It was nicely done and interesting but not being a country music fan I did not know much of the names.  I was surprised to know that some of the ones I did recognize were natives of Alabama.

There were half a dozen artists I recognized.


Only had my cell phone camera so lighting was an issue.

Who's of thought Alabama was from Alabama?



Also was surprised there was not more about Elvis.

Jimmy Buffett - really?

I don't know whose car this was but....

...it was a little Over The Top


On our way back to Red Bay we drove a route that allowed us to visit the world famous Coon Dog Cemetery.  This is a place that takes their Coon Dogs very seriously.  I want to be able to go home so I am being respectful and I even capitalized Coon Dog just to demonstrate my respect.  I have no doubt that, as the sign says, it is the only one in the world.  Don't know if it looks like this all year but Labor day is their big annual celebration so I think things have been prettied up a bit.  We were sorry we missed the festivities but we will be in Tupelo, MS.







Father and Son

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posted Video

F or those of you who get our postings via email I have discovered, or I should say rediscovered, that video links do not post with the e-ma...