Sunday, August 16, 2015

Moses Lake


We left Bothell about 9 a.m. as planned and had a fairly easy exit from the Puget Sound area on I-90.  Once over the Cascades and past Ellensburg we started seeing the haze associated with so many bad fires to the north.  It was not long before we were also smelling the smoke.


Looks Like Mars
I did not expect to find much to photograph here near Moses Lake but the evening sky was interesting so I found something after all.  The smokey haze does a good job of filtering the sunlight.  We are mindful however of all the people who have had to flee the fires and especially those who have lost their homes.  At least there is no wind this evening and perhaps that will help those who are fighting to save what they can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posted Video

F or those of you who get our postings via email I have discovered, or I should say rediscovered, that video links do not post with the e-ma...