Monday, May 21, 2012

THE SOLAR ECLIPSE

We picked our spot on the side of a logging road about 2 miles from our RV park the day before and then yesterday we took our camping chairs and a picnic dinner and the camera and set ourselves up for the big event.  We did not have the proper eye protection so we improvised.  When the big moment came we thought maybe we had gotten the time wrong or something.  Nothing was happening.  We resorted to the old trick of taking our binoculars and focusing them on a piece of what paper and sure enough there it was.  If we had not read about the eclipse we would have probably never noticed any difference.  However when I got to checking the camera it turns out I actually did sort of get a picture of it.

The next one in North America is in 2017.  I'll try to be better prepared if I happen to almost be on the exact center line like we were this time.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Posted Video

F or those of you who get our postings via email I have discovered, or I should say rediscovered, that video links do not post with the e-ma...