Friday, April 19, 2013

Oh Lord - Lodi, CA

This place makes me think of the old Creedence Clearwater tune:
Just about a year ago
I set out on the road
Seekin´ my fame and fortune
Lookin´ for a pot of gold
Things got bad things got worse
I guess you will know the tune
Oh ! Lord Stuck in Lodi again
Well I can't say we are "stuck" - we planned to stay here and in fact the place we are in is pretty nice as RV parks go and the immediate area is pretty new.  We are still a few miles outside of the actual town of Lodi but will be passing through tomorrow on our way down old Highway 99 to Bakersfield.  It is very very flat here and nothing much to take a picture of.  I should have taken a picture of our thermometer about 3 pm when is showed 93 degrees.  I finally wimped out and turned on the AC.  Now that the sun is setting there is a nice breeze and the ACs are off and the windows are back open.  Looks like it will be OK sleeping temps.

So tomorrow we have about a 250 mile drive to Bakersfield and our last night out.  Sunday we will be in Las Vegas if all goes according to plan.  It is supposed to be 90 there.  At least Arlyene loves it.  She signed away any rights to complain - but I didn't!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Posted Video

F or those of you who get our postings via email I have discovered, or I should say rediscovered, that video links do not post with the e-ma...