Wednesday, May 5, 2010

TWIN FALLS, ID

Shoshone Falls
Snake River Canyon below Shoshone Falls

Rock Chuck


Not much to talk about as far as the 167 mile drive here from Brigham City, UT. Mostly flat and mostly windy. The later in the day the windier it gets. At one point on I-84 there were gates, like a railroad crossing, that they used to close the freeway during high winds and blowing snow.
As I write this about 5:30 local time it is very windy here and the sky has lots of dust in the clouds. Yesterday the forecast was for gusts to 45 mph. I think that is about what we are feeling here.

The KOA is actually in Jerome just outside Twin Falls so once we got settled I took the truck in to town and drove to Shoshone Falls. Oddly, all the local hype is about Shoshone Falls "The Niagara of the West" not Twin Falls. I likened it to Snoqualmie Falls but a bit wider. Being mid week and windy there were few people there. Few enough in fact that I was able to make friends with a "Rock Chuck" per the gate attendant. I had not seen one before. He said it is, "kind of like a Prairie Dog."

Expecting more wind tomorrow we hope to get an early start on our way to Pendleton, OR. Nothing to stick around here for that we can see except more wind.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Posted Video

F or those of you who get our postings via email I have discovered, or I should say rediscovered, that video links do not post with the e-ma...