Saturday, September 16, 2017

IT'S A WRAP

After leaving Dillon we spent the next day on the road headed for Brigham City, Utah where we spent the night in a tight campsite barely big enough for our coach.  Guess we won't be gong back there again.  Let's see, that was Tuesday so we spent Wednesday driving through Salt Lake City on our way to Beaver, Utah where we spent Wednesday night.  Thursday we proceeded south on I-15 headed for Las Vegas but only after we went about 150 miles through heavy rain and an electrical storm that had lightening bolts striking the ground less than a mile in front of us at times.

The coach performed flawlessly the entire trip and we found ourselves back at the Las Vegas Motor Coach Resort at about 1:00 pm.  Our contractor was still cleaning up our lot after construction of our new addition - (I guess two weeks notice of when we would be back was not sufficient) - so we cooled our heals in the staging area until things were ready for us to park.  We have now been here two whole days and still have lots to do to get things cleaned up.  Our addition is done except for a couple of tweaks and now we have to figure out how we are going to fill it up.  More on that later.   We are glad to be back at the very best "camping" spot we have ever been to and it is all ours.  I guess you could say we are home.

For now I leave you with a photo of one of our favorite plants.  It does not bloom until we are long gone in the summer.  This year we are back in time to see it before it goes back to sleep.  It's looking a little ragged around the edges already but you get the idea.

Note the smokeless, blue sky in the background.

2 comments:

  1. You made it south in time! The smoke came back today! It's bad enough that I can smell it and when I can smell it I know it smells worse for most people. Glad you made it home. But also glad for the visit this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, smokey here again in Western WA. I'm usually not sensitive to it, but it's gotten old. My eyes are itchy.
    I'm glad you made it home OK despite the disappointments. Love you! ~Mary

    ReplyDelete

Posted Video

F or those of you who get our postings via email I have discovered, or I should say rediscovered, that video links do not post with the e-ma...