Thursday, September 15, 2016

BEWARE OF THE BOUNCING POTATO

We are done traveling for the day and are relaxing at our RV site in Mountain Home, Idaho.


One of the road hazards we are always mindful of is following a truck that might have loose gravel in it.  We stay well back and if we must pass one we do so quickly.  Today we were behind a big semi that appeared to be empty.  Not so.  It had apparently had been hauling potatoes (Famous Idaho Potatoes no doubt) and there must have been one or two left over.  I heard a loud impact sound from under the coach and Arlyene said it was a bouncing rock, no, wait, it was a potato out of that truck ahead of us. - a bouncing potato.  Nothing seemed amiss so I continued to our next planned stop where I could inspect the coach and the Jeep.  I half expected to find a potato wedged in the Jeep grill or windshield but we lucked out as far as I can tell.  So now we add potato trucks to the "do not follow" list.

Tomorrow we head for Brigham City, Utah.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, it sure is a good thing you were not following this truck:

    http://bigidahopotato.com/the-truck/

    :-)

    ReplyDelete

Posted Video

F or those of you who get our postings via email I have discovered, or I should say rediscovered, that video links do not post with the e-ma...